Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

Bob's Furniture -shady outfit????

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Re: Bob's Furniture -shady outfit????

By Dave - Aug 14, 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #26 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To
I'm not stupid enough to buy anything referred to as a "living room set," no.

And what do people sit on in the anonymous household?

Register or log in to reply

By anonymous - Aug 14, 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #27 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To

In Reply To
I'm not stupid enough to buy anything referred to as a "living room set," no.

And what do people sit on in the anonymous household?

Our asses.

By triquetra - Aug 15, 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #28 of 41 [In reply to]

*snort*

In my place, I have a pink couch and a variety of chairs acquired from a variety of sources. The only piece of furniture I've ever 1) bought new 2) from a furniture store is my bed, and it's good quality. At least, it's lasted for five or six years now with no signs of falling apart.
*~*~*~*
Luceo non uro

By Toflah - Aug 15, 2005, 1:04 PM
Post #29 of 41 [In reply to]

I think Bob's is shady also. I have been having a problem with my seat. Lately, it has been very sore and inflamed. I think it might be hemmeroids.

By Frankie - Aug 15, 2005, 1:20 PM
Post #30 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To
I think Bob's is shady also. I have been having a problem with my seat. Lately, it has been very sore and inflamed. I think it might be hemmeroids.

If you have a crack in it, perhaps you could bend over and get nailed.

By Miki - Aug 15, 2005, 6:50 PM
Post #31 of 41 [In reply to]

Oh, boy--that's so funny I forgot to laugh, Toflah and Frankie!

By Beso - Aug 16, 2005, 2:28 PM
Post #32 of 41 [In reply to]

Anyone ever shop at Marty's furniture? Good stuff (so far) and very reasonable. Also got reasonable good stuff at Bernie & Phyl's.

By Miki - Aug 16, 2005, 2:42 PM
Post #33 of 41 [In reply to]

Bernie and Phyl's: I, too have heard some good stuff about them, but I'm sort of erring on the side of caution, given Shady Bob's reputatioin.

By adamg - Aug 16, 2005, 5:39 PM
Post #34 of 41 [In reply to]

http://www.wickedgood.info/detailed/358.html - just amazing how many people have something to say about Bernie & Phyl's.

Most annoying ads

By ciao - Aug 16, 2005, 7:02 PM
Post #35 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To
http://www.wickedgood.info/detailed/358.html - just amazing how many people have something to say about Bernie & Phyl's.

As for the commercials, Bernie & Phyl's are definitely the most annoying. I can't believe they get Red Sox and Celtics to participate in their ads. Bob's Discount Furniture's ads are a close second, thanks to that blond twit who accompanies him who fails at her tounge-in-cheek humor with each ad.
"George Bush doesn't care about black people" Kanye West-2005

Unpainted furniture stores

By ciao - Aug 16, 2005, 7:03 PM
Post #36 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To
Investigate local, family-owned stores. Let your fingers do the walking.

I like the unpainted furniture stores. You pick out the unfinished piece you like and get exactly what color finish you want, so everything matches. The one in Norwood is good. And the product is solid. I'm happy with it.
"George Bush doesn't care about black people" Kanye West-2005

Re: Unpainted furniture stores
By Beso - Aug 17, 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #37 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To

In Reply To
Investigate local, family-owned stores. Let your fingers do the walking.

I like the unpainted furniture stores. You pick out the unfinished piece you like and get exactly what color finish you want, so everything matches. The one in Norwood is good. And the product is solid. I'm happy with it.

We also did that for our coffee and end tables. We spemt a weekend sanding and finishing...kinda fun. The stuff is good quality.

By susanamtf - Aug 18, 2005, 5:01 PM
Post #38 of 41 [In reply to]

In Reply To
I bought a livingroom set from them and it fell apart within 3 months and they refuse to exchange it or give me my money back.

They have to fix it, exchange it or give you your money back. It's the law. More info here:
http://mass.gov/portal/index.jsp?pageID=ocaterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Consumer&L2=Shopping%2c+Retail+%26+E-Commerce&L3=Shopping+Rights&sid=Eoca&b=terminalcontent&f=shopping_rights&csid=Eoca

"When the item purchased is defective, you can choose a repair, replacement or refund. This right is contained in the Implied Warranty of Merchantability law. Under that law, merchants cannot limit your remedies."

By breakdown74 - Aug 21, 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #39 of 41 [In reply to]

Smile

Over the last several years we have bought a number of items from Bob's including a living room "set", dining room table and chairs and highboy. The only problems we had was some minor scraches on the dining room table which were repaired the next day. Although the quality is not on par with say Eathan Allan's for the price I've had no bitches. I will probably buy from them again.
The ads may be hokey but who pays attention to ads anyway but those lacking any will of their own.

By badbobs - Aug 25, 2005, 4:01 PM
Post #40 of 41 [In reply to]

My experience with BOB'S was way below par. I've been happy with 2 purchases from B&P.

http://toloughlin.com/bobs/

By rodrigoluna@hotmail.com - Jan 21, 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #41 of 41 [In reply to]

My son's bed broke in less than two months. The boards are made of very cheap and fragile wood. Worst of all, the person who came to verify the damage and determine if the 1-yr warranty applies changed his report from "you will get a replacement" to "not covered" as soon as he left my house.

My advise to others: DO NOT BUY FROM BOB'S.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All