Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

United United - ra ra ra!

By 4dayfriend - Feb 10, 2005, 7:52 AM
Post #1 of 18

Hullo my erstwhile historical compatriots,
My wife and I are coming back over to Boston in March for a 4 day break (3rd time in 12 months - we just love it so!) and whilst there I will be desperate to catch the Manchester United v Fulham 'proper' football match somewhere be it highlights, live or whatever.
Are there any pubs or bars in Boston or Cambridge that show English football?
I have tried to find details of a Boston branch of the Manchester United Supporters club but to no avail.
Surely there must be some Man U fans over in MA?!?

Register or log in to reply

Re: United United - ra ra ra!

By Ron Newman - Feb 10, 2005, 7:55 AM
Post #2 of 18 [In reply to]

Caffe dello Sport in the North End televises soccer games. Whether they would show Man United, that I don't know.

By greenlinedog - Feb 10, 2005, 10:37 AM
Post #3 of 18 [In reply to]

Phoenix Landing in Central Square in Cambridge show English (Premier League, I guess) soccer.

Hey, lay off Glazer, will ya?

By Comm. Ave - Feb 10, 2005, 1:18 PM
Post #4 of 18 [In reply to]

In Reply To
Hullo my erstwhile historical compatriots,
My wife and I are coming back over to Boston in March for a 4 day break (3rd time in 12 months - we just love it so!) and whilst there I will be desperate to catch the Manchester United v Fulham 'proper' football match somewhere be it highlights, live or whatever.
Are there any pubs or bars in Boston or Cambridge that show English football?
I have tried to find details of a Boston branch of the Manchester United Supporters club but to no avail.
Surely there must be some Man U fans over in MA?!?

There's a place right across from S&S deli that will surely show the game, I can't come up with the name right now, but I am sure someone here knows what I am talking about.

I used to hate ManU, but now that Tim Howard is there, I guess I have to root for them.

By EJ Alwaysrite - Feb 10, 2005, 2:09 PM
Post #5 of 18 [In reply to]

If you go into any/most authentic Irish bars they have a Magizine/paper (free of charge) called the Irish Emigrant which will advertise where the matches are being shown live. Serveral venues will be showing the game. But with Rudd van Nistelroy on the wane, Christano Ronaldo suffering on the wings, Roy Keane struggling with old age. It may look like Andy Cole will stuff one into the back of the net against his old club and leave Louis Saha red faced on the 'bench' as usual.

By 4dayfriend - Feb 11, 2005, 2:21 PM
Post #6 of 18 [In reply to]

Thanks for the info on places that show live English 'footy' the Cafe Dello Sport looks very promising and I will make further enquiries...
Reports of Roy Keanes death have been greatly and gravely exaggerated. He is playing some of the best stuff of his career so far this season.
His legs may be slowing but his brain is sharper than ever.
I'm the first to admit that Ronaldo, whilst showing tantalising glimpses of his mercurial talent, has still yet to win me and many Man U fans over 100%.
As for Saha - a nice fellow but unfortunately not quite up to the standard required at Old Trafford.
Having said that though I still expect a 4 0r 5 nil affair against lowly Fulham I'm afraid to say!
Where Malcolm Glazer is concerned - I agree that the more militant of Uniteds fans are way out of order with threats against various members of the board and his family. I am a share-holder in Man U and want the club to remain the property of the real supporters and not the plaything of an overseas based playboy.
Especially one that well, erm, weird looking!
You seem pretty clued up though EJ - a Fulham fan perhaps?

By Ron Newman - Feb 11, 2005, 3:23 PM
Post #7 of 18 [In reply to]

Caffe dello Sport is in an Italian neighborhood, that's why I expressed some doubt that they would carry an English football game. But it's worth checking out.

By so - Feb 11, 2005, 6:02 PM
Post #8 of 18 [In reply to]

Fox Sports World has all the EPL games...There is an Irish bar in Central Sq...I forget which one, but it's on Mass Ave, not far from the Middle East, and they play the EPL games...
Enough people around have Fox Sports World, I am sure you can find someone that will be having a Man U party...

By eeka - Feb 11, 2005, 6:16 PM
Post #9 of 18 [In reply to]

Phoenix Landing?

By so - Feb 11, 2005, 6:37 PM
Post #10 of 18 [In reply to]

maybe..probably....
I just know where it is, notwhat it's called...
tables on the right, bar on the left, bathrooms in the back?

By eeka - Feb 11, 2005, 6:40 PM
Post #11 of 18 [In reply to]

yeah

By so - Feb 11, 2005, 7:26 PM
Post #12 of 18 [In reply to]

well..there you go :)

By EJ Alwaysrite - Feb 12, 2005, 7:29 AM
Post #13 of 18 [In reply to]

In Reply To
Phoenix Landing?

eeka, I don't understand this? I'm lost !! me a little slow this morning zzzzZZZZZZZzzzz

I agree Malcolm Glazer would be disaster for Man U, the things that man has gotton away with, this side the pond ! He has no emotional involment with UTD and neither did he with the clubs he ran here. Simply he ran them into the ground for profit. Sport doesn't need men like Malcolm Glazer. p.s the race for the Championship is now for 2nd place.

By Ron Newman - Feb 12, 2005, 8:06 AM
Post #14 of 18 [In reply to]

"Phoenix Landing" is the name of a bar in Central Square. (But that's all I know about it.)

By so - Feb 12, 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #15 of 18 [In reply to]

I drove 400 miles to see Man U last summer...and home again the same day. They were playing AC Milan...
If you don't find a place that shows the game, you should leave me your e-mail address and you can watch it with me & my friends..

By Sparky - Feb 12, 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #16 of 18 [In reply to]

In Reply To
I drove 400 miles to see Man U last summer...and home again the same day. They were playing AC Milan...
If you don't find a place that shows the game, you should leave me your e-mail address and you can watch it with me & my friends..

Cool!Cool

November 1978 ~ Democrats drinking the Kool-Aid ~ November 2008

"Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem"

"Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Sarah"

By EJ Alwaysrite - Feb 12, 2005, 5:08 PM
Post #17 of 18 [In reply to]

When's it happening?

By oran_mac - Aug 7, 2009, 1:08 PM
Post #18 of 18 [In reply to]

The Banshee Pub is the number one bar and restaurant to watch domestic and European sports in the greater Boston area. If your game is being broadcast in North America then you can rest assured that the Banshee will be showing it on one of its 10 flat screen televisions that span two floors of entertainment.

Official charter of one united supporters club is located at the bar.