Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

New to area...looking for live music

By cureperry - Jul 12, 2004, 1:17 PM
Post #1 of 4

I'm new to the Boston area and I'd love any info about bars/venues where I can watch live bands play. I'm a huge fan of live music, which is what I miss most about home (Austin). Thanks.

Register or log in to reply

Re: New to area...looking for live music

By Ron Newman - Jul 12, 2004, 1:46 PM
Post #2 of 4 [In reply to]

Best bet is to pick up the free Boston Phoenix and Weekly Dig, from boxes or storefronts all around town. Also check out the Calendar section of the Thursday Boston Globe, the Edge section of the Friday Boston Herald, and maybe Stuff@Night and the Improper Bostonian (though I don't really like those last two much).

What particular kind(s) of live music are you looking for? We've got a venue for just about everything somewhere.

By JR - Jul 12, 2004, 3:06 PM
Post #3 of 4 [In reply to]

My picks:
Rock/Alternative: The Middle East or TTs
Folk: Club Passim
Blues/Jazz: Wally's, Johnny D's, the Yard Rock (Quincy)
Rockabilly: waitin' for the Linwood to reopen...

There's also Toad, Abbey Lounge, Midway Cafe, and Plough and Stars, which have a variety of different shows

By bestbuybackbay - Aug 4, 2010, 3:23 PM
Post #4 of 4 [In reply to]

Best Buy Back Bay on Newbury Street hosts local shows that are free. Bands can apply through our marketing and events team. We have had amazing acts in-store.
facebook.com/bestbuy.newburystreet has a calendar for each month so you can find the artists page and the date they are performing!
Our last performer on our store flipvideo updates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYmg6oqRnk0