Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

Relocation to Boston area

By toni4me - Mar 23, 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #1 of 3

Active at-home mom relocating to Boston area. Can probably afford any neighborhood but Westin. Looking at Newton & Lexington. Need great schools (moving from priv to public) & a suburb that also has some kind of town strip or downtown with small shops, coffee, etc. Some have suggested Newton. Need to be 45 minutes or less from Boston. Major cyclist but schools are the priority.
I've been told some cities are not open to "outsiders" (people not from east coast). True?

Register or log in to reply

Re: Relocation to Boston area

By Kate - Apr 27, 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #2 of 3 [In reply to]

Hi There- I live in Belmont and have all my life. It is a great community to grow up in. The schools are superior. Belmont High School was recently rated among the top 100 college prep high schools in the country. I have four children that attend the Winn Brook School, a school which repeatedly scores among the highest in the state on the MCAS ( statewide testing). We are selling our home to move closer to my parents. If you are interested in taking a look before we list our home with a broker, please let me know. Our home is complete with a newer granite kitchen, finished basement, walk up attic, new electrical, heat, and air conditioning, a large fenced in yard, and more. My email is katieoconnor@msn.com. Please feel free to contact me any time.

In Reply To
Active at-home mom relocating to Boston area. Can probably afford any neighborhood but Westin. Looking at Newton & Lexington. Need great schools (moving from priv to public) & a suburb that also has some kind of town strip or downtown with small shops, coffee, etc. Some have suggested Newton. Need to be 45 minutes or less from Boston. Major cyclist but schools are the priority.
I've been told some cities are not open to "outsiders" (people not from east coast). True?

In Reply To

In Reply To

Re: Relocation to Boston area

By SueMcI - May 3, 2011, 4:11 PM
Post #3 of 3 [In reply to]

Hello!
I am a local real estate agent living in newton and working in the surrounding communities. I have sold in over 85 towns in massuchesetts during my 35 years in the business.
I currently have a beautiful listing in Walpole on the end of a cul de sac near great school. The neighborhood has children of all ages and this house was built in 2009! It is truly the perfect place for a family. The house sits in front of 20 acres of protected land! There are many loveley roads for you to explore of your bike as well as parks very close.
Walpole is a great community only 20 or 30 minutes from boston.
Here is the link to the listing.
Please contact me with any questions or if I can help you with any other questions you may have about the area.

http://www.massestateteam.com/Properties/PropertyForm.php?ViewSrc=7&ListingID=102980850&return_url=back

Susanne