Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

Feedback on Brockton?

By bethiny - Jun 19, 2010, 6:10 PM
Post #1 of 3

I'm considering a move to MA. I'd be working in Brockton and was wondering if anyone could provide some feedback on that town and surrounding areas.

My boyfriend and I are in our early thirties with no kids. We like biking, bands, and good food (as a start!). We'd like easy access to the city but don't necessarily need to live there, as I have a feeling the cost would be prohibitive (looking to spend under $1,500/mo).

So... any comments on Brockton or other surrounding towns?

Thanks!

Register or log in to reply

Re: Feedback on Brockton?

By massachusetts - Nov 13, 2010, 9:51 AM
Post #2 of 3 [In reply to]

look into the west side brockton along route 24,say around westward ave neighborhood areas

if you looking to live in the white, noise polluted,vandalism-ridden,drug-user infested, urbanized towns to avoid living minorities,forget that criteria, the minorities have found the towns and are quickly moving in.

west side brockton is one of the quietest, most town-like neighborhoods south of boston. west side is still pretty white actually.

Re: Feedback on Brockton?

By Scott - Nov 15, 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #3 of 3 [In reply to]

Brockton has many good neighborhoods outside of the West Side. It is also an affordable alternative to the high cost of living closer to Boston. If I worked in Brockton I might also consider New Bedford or Fall River.
--------------------------------
Meeb shall return to us!!