Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

Dudu Fisher at Symphony Hall: November 1, 7:30 PM

By elleng - Oct 30, 2009, 2:26 PM
Post #1 of 4

Known for his stirring performance on Broadway as Jean Valjean in LES MISERABLES and as a world famous Israeli cantor, Dudu Fisher brings an exciting and visually stunning show to Bostonís Symphony Hall on Sunday, November 1, at 7:30 PM. Based on his highly successful PBS special, IN CONCERT FROM ISRAEL, Fisher will take the audience on an inspired journey connecting his talent as a Broadway performer, cantor, and contemporary artist with music and stories that celebrate the beauty of Israel's landscape, culture and people.

Fisher has performed on the stages of Broadway, the West End in London, Israel, and throughout the world, including singing with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Maestro Zubin Mehta, recording an album of show tunes with the London Symphony Orchestra, and performing for Britain's Royal family and Bill and Hillary Clinton. He is the only Broadway performer whose Broadway contract allows him to observe the Jewish Sabbath by not performing on Friday evenings and Saturday matinees, a recognition of his talent and dedication to the role and a constant source of pride and accomplishment in his career.

Tickets are $45-75 and can be purchased at www.bso.org or by calling 888.266.1200.

Fisherís Fall 2009 North American Tour is a celebration of the PBS television special that capitalizes on his incredible vocal and artistic range and features a repertoire that goes well beyond the television show. It tells the story of a cantor who finds success on the stages of Broadway, but who never forgets his home or the musical landscape of Israel. The tour concludes with shows in Toronto on November 5 and in Baltimore on November 7. For more information about him visit www.dudufisher.com.

Register or log in to reply

Attachments: DuduFisher-small.jpg (24.0 KB)

Re: Dudu Fisher at Symphony Hall: November 1, 7:30 PM

By Fred Sennott - Oct 30, 2009, 3:32 PM
Post #2 of 4 [In reply to]

Another scumbag too cheap to pay for advertising.
Trust in God and sin not.Don't blame me I'm like Sparky I voted for Sarah to.

Let's not get carried away here

By adamg - Oct 30, 2009, 4:51 PM
Post #3 of 4 [In reply to]

Fred, thanks for sticking up for me, I appreciate it.

But in this particular case, we're not talking about some for-profit company or stupid TV network. It's the BSO, a non-profit group. This might not be the right venue for them to post something like this, but using abusive language is going a bit overboard.

Re: Let's not get carried away here

By Fred Sennott - Oct 30, 2009, 7:56 PM
Post #4 of 4 [In reply to]

Adam you can bet the author took home a paycheck for posting it.I'm sure that if she had approached you and asked for a freebie for the BSO,that you probably would have been happy to do so.That being said it still doesn't excuse her for taking advantage of your forum without your consent.
Trust in God and sin not.Don't blame me I'm like Sparky I voted for Sarah to.