Wicked Good Conference / Boston /

Yet Another Relocation Question

By donb - Jun 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #1 of 6

Hey all,

My wife and I are currently in the process of relocating into the area from down in DC. Can anyone suggest some nice communities within 30-45 minutes or so of South Station (where my job is)? Ideally we're looking for something more suburban, where we can eventually get a house with a yard.

(Also, if anyone knows of good apartment complexes which offer short term leases at reasonable prices, we'd love to hear those two)

Thanks
- Don

Register or log in to reply

Re: Yet Another Relocation Question

By Ron Newman - Jun 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #2 of 6 [In reply to]

The Red Line will take you from South Station to suburban Quincy and Braintree, as well as to the extreme east edge of suburban Arlington.

Commuter trains run from many other suburbs to South Station; you can see their schedules at http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_commuterrail.asp

By Sarcastic Sam - Jun 20, 2006, 2:29 PM
Post #3 of 6 [In reply to]

The mutliple Commuter rail lines leading to South Station mean you can easily get there from many suburban towns within 45 minutes.

"apartment complexes" as you and I know them are relatively uncommon around Boston, but they do exist; more so in the 'burbs than in Boston ( I am originally from the South where complexes are all the rage). Quite often, multi-family houses are converted into condos or apartments which are rented out by the owner. Perhaps you could find one with a yard that would rent without a lease at all (tenant at will). Good luck
-------------------------
Life is....a Simpsons episode

By adamg - Jun 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #4 of 6 [In reply to]

West Natick has four large apartment/condo projects right across the street from a commuter-rail stop that'll get you to South Station in about 30 minutes.

Deerfield Village, Kendall Crossing and Natick Green are three of them; I'm gettin' old, so I can't remember the other one.

re.boston.com/rentals/searchindex.asp - search for apartments in Natick (West Natick's just a neighborhood) and you might find some.

Natick is also a fairly nice community in which to look for a house, although, like everywhere else around here, you'll need to be sitting down when you first start looking at prices.

By Ron Newman - Jun 23, 2006, 1:34 PM
Post #5 of 6 [In reply to]

This apartment complex advertises on billboards in T stations. I know nothing more about it, other than that it's on a commuter rail line that goes to South Station:

http://DedhamStation.com

By JaneStewart - Oct 29, 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #6 of 6 [In reply to]

Hi Don,

Congratulations on your move! You didn't specify what your budget is in your post so it's not so easy to recommend a particular place. If you move to Wellesley they have a great school system and its an easy commute by train to South Station. Since you are looking to buy or rent a condo or apartment near Boston, I suggest you visit Lrgboston.com, a fast site that will show you pictures and information on a lot of exclusive listings. It lets you put in your budget and then recommends properties based on lifestyle and priorities afford you. Good Luck!

Jane

In Reply To
Hey all,

My wife and I are currently in the process of relocating into the area from down in DC. Can anyone suggest some nice communities within 30-45 minutes or so of South Station (where my job is)? Ideally we're looking for something more suburban, where we can eventually get a house with a yard.

(Also, if anyone knows of good apartment complexes which offer short term leases at reasonable prices, we'd love to hear those two)

Thanks
- Don